Welcome To Stonegate Kindergarten!
In order to have a smooth registration experience, please read the following carefully:
1. Your child must be 5 on or before September 2nd in order to enroll in kindergarten. If your child’s birthday is after September 2nd see # 9.
2. Check the map or street list posted to make sure you live in the Stonegate attendance area.
3. If you do not live in our attendance area (check using school locator) STOP and proceed to your home school in order to register your child in the correct school. If you do not know which school is your home school, go to the district web page and use the school locator under quick links to find your home school. The district web page can be found at www.wusd.k12.ca.us .
4. If you know you do not live in the Stonegate attendance area but wish for your child to attend Stonegate Elementary do the following:
a. Register your child at their home school first
b. At a later date (Not Saturday), proceed to the office of Student Services to pick up an INTRA-DISTRICT transfer form. You must fill that out and submit it to that office. Approval or denial depends on each school’s enrollment and usually does not occur until after school has started.
5. In order to register your child you must provide the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of vaccinations (All vaccinations must be completed before a registration packed will be accepted.)
- Proof of a medical physical or appointment card.
- Proof of dental exam.
- Social Security Card
6. We will not accept incomplete registration packets
7. We will not accept any registration packets without complete immunizations or an appointment card. This mandate is to fulfill health requirements in ED Code.
8. You will receive a number while in line. We will call you in to the office in numerical order to register your child.
9. If your child’s birthday is after September 2nd, you will receive a different enrollment packet for transitional kindergarten. Completed TK packets will be sent directly to the district office. The department of Education Services will monitor the number of TK students and will make decisions as to the number of classes and their locations throughout the district. Information will come to parents directly from that office and not the local school. To register your child for Transitional Kindergarten, follow steps 2-9.