Harvest Festival 2016 is in the books!
Thank you to everyone who came out despite the rain and helped make our 2016 Harvest Festival and Craft Fair a success!
We appreciate all of our Stonegate Families, and Staff and will have an update on earnings shortly.
JOG-A-THON 2016 WAS A SUCCESS!
Jog-a-Thon 2016 Thank you's and Prize Winners!
A HUGE THANK YOU to all of our sponsors: Community Business Bank, Mile Preschool, Bounce Spot, Taco Bell, Pediatric Dentistry of West Sacramento, Sanchos Tacos, Helen Tischhauser-Keller Williams, Cute'n'Classy Shoppe, Parks Electric, Carol's Restaurant, Target, In Shape Fitness Club, Big Kahuna Frozen Yogurt, Golfland Sunsplash, and the Sacramento Kings.
Thank you to all of the families for a wildly successful jog-a-thon! We raised OVER $10,000! It was really amazing to see all of the kids in their maroon shirts. Congratulations to Kaelyn M (4th grade) for raising the most money! Kaelyn won a $100 gift card to Target. Mrs. Berger's Class raised the most money and each student received a coupon for a free frozen yogurt from Big Kahuna!
Here is the list of raffle prize winners:
- $25 Target gift card - Martin (Mr. Blanchfield)
- $25 Target gift card - Elliott H (Mr. Camacho)
- $25 Target gift card - Ryan (Ms. O'Donnell)
- $50 Target gift card - Piper (Ms. O'Donnell)
- $50 Target gift card - Shams (Mrs. Sabatke)
- King's T-shirt and H2O bottle - Kaelyn M
- King's T-shirt and H2O bottle - Diego (Ms. Pollock)
- King's H2O bottle - Jordan (Dietrich)
- Golfland tickets - Mackenzie (Ms. Raski)
- Sac Republic tickets - Aiden (middle school)
- King's drawstring backpack - Delilah (Ms. Pollock)
- King's drawstring backpack - Gabriel (Ms. Black)
- Rivercats tickets - Colin A. (Ms. Black)
- King's leather bag, headphones, and Kings H2O bottle - Mason M
- King's leather bag, headphones, and Kings H2O bottle - Gabriel H. (Ms. Best)
- Gym membership, headphones, and Kings H2O bottle - Elijah A
- King's jersey - Teagan M
- King's water bottles : Andres (middle school), Brody (Ms. Pinky), Peyton B (Ms. O'Donnell), and Ryan (Ms. O'Donnell)
- King's hard hats - Dereck (Mrs. Reeves) and Juan Carlos (Mr. Camacho)
FIELD DAY 2016
Harvest Festival Highlights
GARDEN BEDS HAVE BEEN INSTALLED, AND PLANTS ARE IN!
CONGRATULATIONS to our Rain Barrel Contest Winners: Elizabeth B. (Nyberg), Zaina A. (LaFortune), Elliott H. (Camacho) and Elizabeth, Ellie, and Shambray (Camacho)! Please contact the PTO to schedule artwork completion.
The PTO is also happy to announce that the West Sac School Gardens Network (schools throughout West Sac with gardens or proposed gardens) is now part of Yolo Farm to Fork (YF2F). YF2F is a 501 (c)3 that supports over 30 school gardens throughout Yolo County with grants, supplies, technical support, etc.
If you have questions, or are interested in helping to maintain the garden over the summer, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Rain Barrel Artwork Winners
Many businesses offer discounts and/or donations when customers mention Stonegate Elementary when they make a purchase. Business partners include:
Nugget Markets Scrip Card
Raley's Quality of Life Card
Boxtop Collection Program: Box tops can be turned into your child's teacher, trimmed in a ziplock bag.
Cards for Nugget, Raley's and Jamba Juice and applications for the Target Red Card can be picked up in the Stonegate School office. Look for the display on the bookshelf.
WHAT WE DO AND HOW YOU CAN HELP
Parents are an important part of the programs and activities at Stonegate Elementary. The PTO is an organization of parents and school staff who work together to support students. Over the last several years, the PTO has sponsored a variety of student activities, such as the Harvest Festival, Field Day, Jog-a-thon, school assemblies, and class field trips. We've purchased books for the library, supplies and equipment for classrooms, books for the middle school Battle of the Books, playground equipment, picnic tables and umbrellas, and a shade structure. We also host the annual staff appreciation luncheon. Our new funding goal is to implement a school garden for Stonegate.
- Attend PTO meetings, the third Thursday of each month, to hear about and discuss school events and issues.
- Volunteer in classrooms and PTO activities to make programs and events at Stonegate a success.
- Sign up to become a PTO member. Fill out the form attached and send it to school with your child. PTO will never share your information.